Ci-dessous, retrouvez les citations et passages (en Anglais) que j’ai trouvé le plus intéressant du fameux livre de Peter F. Drucker, Managing Oneself. Managing Oneself est un livre vraiment enrichissant qui vous éclairera sur la gestion de soi-même, que ce soit professionnellement ou personnellement.
- Most people think they know what they are good at. They are usually wrong. More often, people know what they are not good at—and even then more people are wrong than right. And yet, a person can perform only from strength. One cannot build performance on weaknesses, let alone on something one cannot do at all.
- We need to know our strengths in order to know where we belong.
- The only way to discover your strength is through feedback analysis.
- It is equally essential to remedy your bad habits—the things you do or fail to do that inhibit your effectiveness and performance. Such habits will quickly show up in the feedback.
- Bulldozers move mountains; ideas show where the bulldozers should go to work.
- It takes far more energy and work to improve from incompetence to mediocrity than it takes to improve from first-rate-performance to excellence.
- For knowledge workers, How do I perform? may be an even more important question than What are my strengths?
- Just as people achieve results by doing what they are good at, they also achieve results by working in ways that they best perform.
Si vous souhaitez l’acheter pour le lire en entier, cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous (il vous redirigera vers Amazon et me permettra de gagner un pourcentage de votre achat si vous passez par mon lien) : Managing Oneself, Peter F. Drucker