Ci-dessous, retrouvez les citations et passages que j’ai trouvé le plus intéressant de Rework, le livre des Fondateurs de 37signals, Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson.
Un livre rempli d’idée contre-intuitif, et qui nous fait voir la réalité d’un business sous une perspective différente.
Bonne lecture !
- If you’re going to do something, do something that matters.
- When you build what you need, you can also assess the quality of what you make quickly and directly, instead of by proxy.
- What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.
- Don’t let yourself off the hook with excuses. It’s entirely your responsibility to make your dreams come true. Besides, the perfect time never arrives. You’re always too young or old or busy or broke or something else. If you consistently fret about timing things perfectly, they’ll never happen.
- As you get going, keep in mind why you’re doing what you’re doing. You need to know what you’re willing to fight for: And then you need to show the world.
- A strong stand is how you attract superfans. They point to you and defend you. And they spread the word further, wider, and more passionately than any advertising could.
- Strong opinions aren’t free. You’ll turn some people off. They’ll accuse you of being arrogant and aloof. That’s life. For everyone who loves you, there will be others who hate you. If no one’s upset by what you’re saying, you’re probably not pushing hard enough. (And you’re probably boring, too.)
- We’re just as proud of what our products don’t do as we are of what they do.
- If what we make isn’t right for everyone, that’s OK. We’re willing to lose some customers if it means that others love our products intensely. That’s our line in the sand.
- There’s a world of difference between truly standing for something and having a mission statement that says you stand for something.
- Standing for something isn’t just about writing it down. It’s about believing it and living it.
- You need a commitment strategy, not an exit strategy. You should be thinking about how to make your project grow and succeed, not how you’re going to jump ship. If your whole strategy is based on leaving, chances are you won’t get far in the first place.
- “ I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” Mark Twain
Si vous souhaitez l’acheter pour le lire en entier, cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous (il vous redirigera vers Amazon et me permettra de gagner un pourcentage de votre achat si vous passez par mon lien) : Rework, Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson